This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career with Eight Fifty Food Group (Karro and Young's), providing an opportunity to learn an IT data system that is fundamental to our business operations and finances, whilst also providing an opportunity to engage with the Eight Fifty group sites and suppliers.
The post-holder will reporting to the Group Reporting Finance Manager and SAP implementation project lead as part of the master data team and will create and maintain Masterdata to ensure the continuation of supply to and from the Young's business and the on-going accuracy of the Young's business master data. They will work to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency, assisting with all queries and problems, delivering an exceptional service to our customers.
- Lead in the SAP implementation of Young's for master data ensuring project deadlines are met, data quality is to standard, stakeholders are engaged and informed and Eight Fifty Food Group best placed for success following master data migration and long term as SAP implementation becomes business as usual
- Ensure prompt, accurate and complete processing of information received
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the group management accountant, accounts payable, finance teams and company suppliers
- Ensure prompt, accurate and complete processing of documents received
- Assist in the enhancement of the company's total business supplier relationship
- Effectively work with other parties to overcome any supplier or site queries by identifying and overcoming obstacles efficiently
- Communicate clearly, effectively and accurately with the customer, both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with all current rules and regulations relevant to the role, following appropriate procedures in carrying out duties
- Report any concerns immediately to the Group Reporting Finance Manager
- Work with the group management accountant and masterdata team in the setting of agreed performance targets, and reporting against achievement of targets
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a large organisation
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Some knowledge or experience of system integration would be an advantage although not essential
- Demonstrates financial understanding
- Good communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally & externally
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work within an agreed, established framework and cope with pressure, working to deadlines and targets demonstrating a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- IT literate with experience of processing computer based data
- Act decisively under challenging conditions and take full responsibility and accountability for actions to ensure standards of excellence are achieved
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers gl