Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
We are looking for a multi skilled engineer to be part of our wonderful engineering team. The aim of this role is to maintain and repair all equipment in the relevant department. Each department has strict hygiene and safety rules in order to avoid contamination, so a crucial part of this role is being aware of and adhering to the restrictions.
Shift pattern: 4on4off 5.30 - 5.30 days or nights
- Attend to breakdowns, rectifying problems to enable continued production
- This will include vac packing machines, vac pumps and film over-wrapping machines
- Electrical fault finding and maintenance (PLC's, inverters, stop/start control circuits)
- Maintain and service temperature control equipment
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the department
- Being the ambassador for the site at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers
- Undertake other jobs as reasonably requested within the scope of the job to improve the running of the department
Day to day maintenance of:
- Slicing machines
- Packaging machines
- Slaughter line equipment
- Chain driven mono-rail
- Retail machines (including labellers, pneumatics, nitrogen equipment, air blasts and steam cookers)
- Electrical and mechanical multi-skilled engineering background ideally both with an electrical bias
- Relevant engineering qualifications - recognised apprenticeship, minimum NVQ or equivalent on the job experience
- Experience of electrical fault finding and working with PLC's
- Ability to work unsupervised (although advice and guidance will be available where required)
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to think on your feet
- Experience of working in the food industry
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.