We would like to strengthen the engineering team at our RibWorld site with the appointment of a maintenance technician. The maintenance technician will carry out engineering maintenance service activities, ensuring maximum operational effectiveness from the equipment and facilities.
The maintenance technician will work 3 alternating shifts patterns- 06:00 to 14:00, 10:00 to 18:00 and 16:00 to midnight Monday to Friday.
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services including packaging lines, compressed air, steam, refrigeration, and the effluent plant
- Update the preventative maintenance management system including stores transactions and work carried out
- Ensure all parts are promptly ordered as required
- Observing all on site and legislative rules and regulations in terms of health and safety, food safety and environmental.
- Complete electro-mechanical repairs to food processing, handling, and packaging equipment
- Responsible for completion of all planned maintenance routines both inside and outside of normal hours as required
- Utilization of all resources such as manuals, service contracts and external contractors to aid in breakdown recovery
- Control of contractors and acting as liaison person when required
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Relevant trades qualification (mechanical fitter)
- Experience gained in a high-volume food or beverage processing environment (advantageous)
- Experience of mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment an (advantageous)
- Aptitude for electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, troubleshooting
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Be open to cross-skilling and multi-skilling
- Ability to fault find and problem solve
- Welding experience desirable
- Possess a heightened awareness of health and safety
- Strong communication skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Open to new ideas and work practices with an understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Consumer Foods Ireland is formed of our Ribworld, Callan Bacon, Carroll Cuisine and Magee's site and is an integral part of Karro Foods a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.