Maintenance Technician (electrically biased)
KARRO Cookstown is part of the KARRO Food Group, which is one of the largest food companies in the UK. The Company provides a complete range of pork products to the retail, food service, wholesale and manufacturing markets. We would like to strengthen the engineering team at our Cookstown site with the appointment of an electrically biased maintenance engineer.
Shift Pattern: 5.45am - 1.45pm, 1.45pm - 9.45pm (Alternating)
Monday to Friday
- The installation and maintenance of industrial electrical systems
- Fault diagnosis of single and three phase electrical systems
- Maintenance, repair, installation and testing of electrical machinery in a wide range of industrial applications
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- A recognised engineering qualification as an electrician
- Experience or working in an FMCG environment, preferably within the food industry
- A good knowledge of planned preventative maintenance programmes
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunities for overtime working
- Excellent Holiday Entitlement
- Free Life insurance Cover
- Company pension Scheme
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.