Maintenance Technician (Mechanical bias)
KARRO Cookstown is part of the KARRO Food Group, which is one of the largest food companies in the UK. The Company provides a complete range of pork products to the retail, food service, wholesale and manufacturing markets. We would like to strengthen the engineering team at our Cookstown site with the appointment of a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician will work Monday to Friday on alternating shifts 5.45am - 1.45pm and 1.45pm - 9.45pm.
- Ensuring specific and timely planned maintenance of equipment, aligned to business requirements and the requirements of the Engineering Manager
- The installation and maintenance of mechanical systems in a wide range of industrial applications.
- Diagnosis and rectification of faults on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Ensuring the up keep of workshop and yard areas
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- A recognised engineering qualification as a fitter and mechanic
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment, preferably within the food industry
- A good knowledge of planned preventative maintenance programmes
- The ability to prioritise and maintain high standards whilst working to tight deadlines
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunities for overtime working
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Free life insurance cover
- Company pension scheme
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.