Night Factory Manager
Shift pattern: 10pm - 8am Sun - Thurs
The is an exciting and challenging new growth role, taking a leading role for our largest production site. The night factory manager will take responsibility for the night shift staff covering hygiene, engineering, security, asset management and production to ensure improved efficiency and timely production line start-ups. They will ensure safety and delivery and will lead the teams to achieve the site's goals and objectives. Developing a safe and supportive working environment and being the most senior point of escalation for any issues that might arise. The factory manager will maximise efficiency, through engaging and motivating the site teams, increasing team collaboration and drive to complete tasks, whilst also maintaining a continual improvement ethos.
- Leading night shift staff across hygiene, production, asset care, security and engineering
- Manage and take responsibility for timely and efficient line start-ups across the site each morning
- Continually assess areas for improvement within your teams, aggressively seek out biggest win opportunities and deliver the improvements in line with agreed targets
- Build positive relationships to drive and motivate task completion in order to support the success of night shift teams
- Review all engineering tasks and ensure they are proactively managed every night and on time
- Clearly understand, communicate and monitor the team targets and required tasks
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff on the night shift at all times through strict compliance to the company standards and procedures. Providing support and assistance to staff in fulfilling their health and safety responsibilities
- Be the point of escalation for all site issues across hygiene, production, security, engineering and asset care
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Strong FMCG food manufacturing knowledge, with a demonstrable understanding of FMCG production, GMP, BRC Audits and LEAN manufacturing requirements
- Considerable experience of managing operational teams in a very fast paced, pressurised environment
- Ability to develop a culture based on the continuous pursuit of best practice
- A keen eye for detail with a strong knowledge of production, hygiene and engineering
- Demonstrates an understanding of operating integrity and standards for compliance and quality
- Has a clear focus on the needs of different customers (including the retail multiples)
- This is a demanding role with significant autonomy requiring high energy and considerable flexibility
- Excellent communicator and team motivator, able to influence, coach and support the teams to drive forward with a professional, enthusiastic attitude
- Provides clear direction, encouragement, goals and expectations
- Enables employee empowerment whilst remaining close to the business
- Has the ability to independently manage projects from start to finish
- Determination and resilience to cope with setbacks and to manage difficult circumstances proactively and professionally and make confident considered decision
- Always striving to challenge for continuous improvement from a health and safety, output, quality and efficiency perspective
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.