Occupational Health Nurse
Fixed term contract 8 months (maternity cover)
40 Hours 7.30am to 4.30am (flexi) Monday to Friday
We are recruiting a qualified Adult Nurse to join our team in Cookstown for an 8-month fixed term contract. The role holder will take ownership of the department and provide a complete Occupational Health service to a workforce of over 900 staff. This is a good opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their skills and gain experience in the occupational health field. The role holder will receive training and support by the current Occupational Health provider when initially commencing employment.
- Conducting pre-employment medicals/ assessments
- Drugs and alcohol screening
- Case management
- Sickness absence management
- Managing work-related injuries and illness and providing support to our trained first aid staff
- Health surveillance
- Health promotion and wellbeing advice
- Conducting workplace assessments
- Reviewing and updating Occupational Health processes
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Registration as a General Adult Nurse
- Previous Occupational Health experience within an Industrial Environment (advantage)
- Occupational Health qualifications(advantage)
- The ability to efficiently manage your time
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience undertaking health surveillance
- Evidence of up to date Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and willingness to engage in ongoing CPD
- Experience in carrying out audiometry and spirometry desirable. However, training will be provided in this area.
- A full driving licence
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Free car parking
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.