Warehouse Operations Manager
This is an exciting, newly created role deputizing to the general manager of our FJG's site (warehousing and distribution). The operations manager will oversee goods receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations, leading a team of shift managers to drive and improve the performance and profitability of warehouse operations. The incumbent will take responsibility for the achievement of agreed service levels and budget whilst also coaching and mentoring the teams to success. They will also be required to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities and lead by example on health and safety.
- Strategically manage the warehouse in compliance with company's policies and vision
- Oversee goods receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Ensure efficient space layout and utilisation
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with the data storage system
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Recruit, select, orientate, coach and motivate employees
- Role model company competencies and act as a coach to strengthen the pipeline with talented and committed managers of the future
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Set priorities for direct reports and their teams, ensuring a balance between consistent day to day delivery against KPI's, longer term planning and also support of key operational projects and initiatives
- Ensure staffing numbers are sufficient to meet operational requirements
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities through the use of Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Develop and maintain plans and reports, forecasting storage capacity, controlling headcount and managing performance
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven track record of leadership and team management within warehousing and distribution
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised, with excellent critical thinking and analysis abilities
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives and a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong knowledge of warehousing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership and influencing skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management (desirable)
- IOSH - warehouse equivalent in health & safety (desirable)
- NEBOSH (desirable)
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year - increasing with service (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.