12 month project (contract)
As a member of a small yet busy payroll team this role carries considerable shared responsibility. You will be expected to take a full and active administrative role within the team, ensuring that routine but varied tasks are carried out whilst remaining efficient, proactive and of paramount importance maintaining a high level of accuracy in your work. You must be able to work on your own initiative and be extremely confident when dealing with people both face to face and over the phone. This is a demanding role requiring high energy and flexibility levels, as each task has to be completed on time and to a high standard of accuracy.
We therefore a require an excellent communicator with a professional attitude and an exceptional eye for detail.
The work will vary according to the daily requirements of the sites, but is likely to include the following activities:
- Acting as a key contact with employees and other site administrators
- Assisting with overall payroll preparation for up to 3000 employees on a wide variety of payrolls with both monthly and weekly pay frequency
- Auditing of payroll information and documentation to ensure appropriate authorisation
- Input of both permanent and temporary data to payroll system
- Reconciliation of data
- General administration
Skills and experience:
- Previous payroll experience is not essential as training will be provided however it would be advantageous
- Rapid yet also accurate data administration experience
- High level of numeracy
- Ability to work well to strict deadlines
- Computer literate with intermediate MS excel and ability to learn new systems
- Professional and responsible communication skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.