Payroll and HR Administrator
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in taking their first step into the payroll and HR environment. You will receive full training and will be offered the opportunity to enrich your knowledge and skills in both payroll and human resources.
The payroll and HR administrator will support the wider HR team with payroll, communications, responding to enquiries from site employees. You will be fully supported by the existing team and be able to contribute to the development of best practice across the function.
As you progress you will be given full responsibility to administer the time and attendance for both employee populations-
- Weekly and monthly payroll information to be collated and sent over to our head office for processing
- Undertake audits of agency staff payroll
- Act as a main point of contact for all pay-related queries and HR communications
- Undertake general administration duties; filing, photocopying, scanning, answering telephones, managing reception/visitors on site etc
- Become responsible for specific HR administration duties; employee starters and leavers, management of personnel files, administration of annual leave requests for staff and generating staff absence reports daily
- Learn how to monitor site payroll administration for compliance aligned to relevant payroll and employment legislation and Karro procedures
- Learn how to create and present management information and payroll reports
- Learn to support the administrative aspects of disciplinary, grievance and attendance, management procedures and investigations
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- No formal experience in HR or payroll required as full training provided
- 5 GCSEs (including Maths and English) or equivalent Level 2 qualifications
- Good communications, approachability and patience
- Strong organisational skills able to work to set deadlines
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy and highly numerate
- Enjoys working with numbers and people
- Computer literate, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other IT applications (ideally databases)
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year. Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.