Pig Buying Administrator
The pig buying administrator will support the pig buying team with administrative duties. They will ensure that supplier information is both accurate and up to date, providing accurate information to relevant internal departments and supporting the team where required.
- Inputting data information into IT systems
- Traceability auditing
- Dealing with telephone enquiries both internal and external
- Using MS excel spread sheets and bespoke data systems to maintain and input data, and run accurate reports
Skills and experience:
- Previous administration experience
- Good MS office experience (Excel and Outlook)
- Self-motivation and drive, with the ability to take ownership of issues
- Agricultural background would be advantageous
- Ability to quickly learn and use bespoke IT systems
- Strong attention to detail in order to maintain good, accurate records
- Strong people skills, including a polite phone manner combined with an ability to listen and communicate effectively with others
- An open attitude, flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Multi-task and prioritise workload
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.