TS Bloors, Coalville - Mon-Fri, 6am - 3pm (with flexibility required)
This role takes operational and people leadership responsibility for the low risk production process area of our expanding plant. Leading the process from raw material intake, through to butchery and preparation and into the cooking stage of the process. This person will need to use their considerable leadership and food industry experience to drive and improve production processes, ensuring that the highest quality of product is produced, whilst also actively developing, engaging and motivating the teams in their area.
- Meeting daily production targets whilst meeting and exceeding customer specification
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures relating to health and safety, hygiene and food safety are adhered to within the department
- Ensuring that all products are produced in line with the specifications and recipes
- Maintaining product traceability and working closely with the technical department to ensure that best practise is upheld
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and tidiness within the area
- Liaising with despatch and planning to ensure raw material orders are met in a timely fashion and that product is produced as required
- Measuring and monitoring throughputs within the low risk area
- Developing a continuous improvement approach to process and practise within the area, looking to improve yield, throughput and product quality
- Developing and managing a succession plan within your department through effective coaching and mentoring
Skills and experience:
- Solid experience of supervising operational teams within an FMCG food manufacturing environment, preferably experience of short shelf life food products
- Exceptional organisational and multi-tasking ability
- Strong experience of coaching and mentoring production teams to success
- A strong track record of employee development and retention
- Long term strategic planning ability with a continuous improvement mind-set
- Computer literate
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.