Working in a close knit team, the key responsibility of a Production Operative is to work to high food product quality standards and focus on processing meat, packaging and labelling the finished product in preparation for despatch, to the appropriate customer specification.
Shift pattern: 3x12 hour days Monday - Wednesday OR Thursday - Saturday
(with or without alternating 12 hour Sunday shifts)
Essential skills and experience:
- Attention to detail and good observational skills
- Ability to work safely and quickly in order to meet production targets
- Good team working and communication skills
- Willing and able to follow instruction
- Ability to follow strict health and safety guidelines and also quality procedures
- Patience and self-motivation to carry out repetitive tasks, whilst also using initiative
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to change as required
- Positive attitude
- Previous production line experience within a manufacturing environment
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.