Shift pattern: 4on4off 6.00am - 6.00pm.
Due to business growth we are looking for an eager production planner at our Hull site who can grow and develop with the business and site.
The postholder will have overall responsibility for creating, modifying and managing daily and weekly schedules, for both fresh and frozen new products, whilst also maintaining an excellent customer service level.
- Prepare and input production schedules onto the material replacement planning (MRP) system
- Issue daily and weekly production plans to ensure raw materials are available
- Conduct weekly production reviews and planning meetings with production, technical, engineering and NPD
- Analysis of actual and forecast sales data to determine individual stock - keeping unit (SKU) stock requirements
- Manage individual SKU production to optimise finished goods stock
- Review finished goods stock holding and identify slow moving stock
- Monitor life of the raw materials and ingredients to ensure a reduction in waste
- Reporting of all required KPI's on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure implementation of best practice in food safety, legality and quality of product
- Developing department relationships following company policies and modern practices
- Chair daily production reviews and weekly planning meetings to ensure effective communication of requirements to achieve production plans and to resolve any issues that may arise
- Work closely with all departments in terms of production launches and trial requirements to achieve customer expectations
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within FMCG is essential
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret market trends
- Ability to build and develop good relationships with team and other departments
- Possessing drive, energy and resilience
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong customer relations skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.