An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced production planner to join our dynamic planning team in Hull. The production planner will create, modify and manage daily and weekly production schedules, for both fresh & frozen products, to ensure 100% customer service satisfaction.
- Preparation and issuing of production schedules and the production plan on a daily and weekly basis to all teams and ensure raw materials are available prior to production
- Conduct weekly planning meeting with production, technical, engineering and NPD
- Input production schedules onto material requirements planning system (Hellenic & Formix systems) in timely manner
- Analysis of actual and forecast sales data to determine individual stock requirements
- Manage individual product production to optimise finished goods stock
- Review finished goods stock holding and identify slow moving stock
- Work collaboratively with new product development team to ensure that all trials are effectively planned in
- Reporting of all required KPI's on a weekly and monthly basis - typically customer service level, finished goods stock holding, plan attainment
- Ensure implementation of best practice in food safety, legality and quality of product in the planning area
- Manage the life on fresh production to ensure no wastage
- Ensure raw material availability to achieve production plans through creation of schedules for demand requirement within material lead times
- Chair daily production reviews and weekly planning meetings to ensure effective communication of requirements to achieve production plans and to resolve any issues that may arise
- Develop excellent inter-departmental relations following company policies and modern practices. Ensure regular communication with departments and that the weekly brief is prepared and rolled out to all planning and warehouse staff
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous planning experience within an FMCG environment (essential)
- Prior experience of working with multiple retailers (advantageous)
- Experience of working with Hellenic systems (would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided)
- Strong communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally and externally
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret market trends
- Strong customer relations skills
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion