We are recruiting a production planner to join our dynamic planning team at our RibWorld, Tipperary site. Working closely with operations and sales, the production planner will plan and schedule production on day to day basis to meet customer demand and provide maximum customer service ensuring the plan and control of finished stock. They will be responsible for converting demand from customers and orders of stock into production schedules by maintaining a thorough understanding of the fluctuating capabilities, yields, run rates and general capacity of the factory.
Manage movement of stock from external warehouse
- Meet stock inventory targets
- Monitor aging stock inventory on a daily basis
- Ensure that KPI's, and service levels are met, ensuring schedule adherence and waste reduction
- Short to medium term capacity planning
- Ensure integrity of bills of material (BOM's) and master data
- Work cross functionally with R&D, operations and commercial to manage the introduction of new products
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of working within manufacturing although other industries considered
- Working knowledge of master production scheduling and material requirements planning tools and systems
- Strong MS excel skills
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain good, accurate records
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure and work well in a team
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Good analytical and numerical skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year plus public holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.