Quality Assurance Auditor
A new opportunity has arisen at our Stirchley Bacon, Redditch site, a relatively newly acquired Karro site delivering a fast, flexible and reliable solution to foodservice. Stirchley Bacon was founded in 1982 and has established itself as a thriving bacon supplier throughout the UK, Europe and the Caribbean with a quality product range.
The technical QA will work closely with the technical manager providing support with the day to day quality assurance auditing requirements and help implement, roll out and maintain new policies for technical and health and safety.
- Complete the day to day quality assurance auditing requirements including but not limited to; temperatures, inventory of knives and good manufacturing practise (GMP) audits
- Process online checks to ensure all batches are packed to the required specification
- Liaising with the production manager to maintain finished product quality
- Checking deliveries to ensure product is delivered to required specification
- Responsible for checking food safety, legality and quality of products prior to despatch
- Ensuring labelling and packaging meet legal requirements
- Authority to place product on hold and to release product
- Assist with customer and local authority audits
- Undertake daily hygiene audits
- Organise microbiological sampling to given rotas
- Carry out health and safety audits to ensure procedures are being followed and reporting any non-compliance to the technical manager
- Refresher training of factory employees both technical and health and safety
- Deputise for technical manager during their absence
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally solid hands on experience of working in FMCG chilled food manufacturing
- Degree level qualification in food science (or similar) preferable although qualified by experience considered
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Possessing drive, energy and resilience
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS word and Excel
- Food safety level 2
- HACCP - level 2
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank)
- Competitive contributory pension
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.