Quality Assurance Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our technical department to manage our high performing quality assurance team.
The post-holder will be responsible for technical and quality management across the whole production site, driving compliance and critically reviewing systems to improve processes and product quality. The successful candidate will work closely with the operational teams and with all other disciplines in the business as required.
- Lead the quality team in "audit ready" compliance, coordinating their activities providing direction and support as well as motivation and training for better performance
- Supporting the audit schedule, feeding back on audit preparedness, leading internal audits and communicating findings and corrective actions, including training
- Working closely and collaboratively with the site technical lead and site teams ensuring awareness of quality issues and encouraging two-way communication and problem solving to ensure we are producing the product to specification and high-quality standard
- Support the implementation of new initiatives, driving a best practice approach at all times, playing a significant role in continuous performance improvement
- Establishing a position as a key contact and promoter of quality excellence as well as technical escalation of all factory quality issues, promoting a quality culture
- Managing site pest control
- Responsibility for site non-conformance; managing complaint and metal contamination investigations as well as microbiology testing failures, driving root cause analysis
- Drive the GMP auditing process and tendering
- Contributing to risk assessments for product release and destruction
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally solid hands on experience of working in FMCG food manufacturing
- Degree level qualification in food science (or similar) is preferred or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in a quality and/or technical management role and demonstratable experience of providing technical support to management teams
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Experience of managing positive relationships with retailers is a preference
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Able to quickly and accurately evaluate potentially complex issues and make considered judgement on next steps
- Possessing drive, energy and resilience
- Confidence to lead a BRC audit or equivalent
- HACCP level 3
- Food safety level 3
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.