Quality Assurance Supervisors
Rotating Weekly Shift pattern: Monday Friday 6.00am - 2.00pm and 2.00pm - 10.00pm
We have two new exciting opportunities to strengthen the current management structure within our technical team.
The quality supervisors will have the responsibility of leading a team of eight, providing them with support and ensuring the factory and all associated documentation is 'audit ready'.
- Leading, motivating and supporting the quality team, focussing on the day to day management of food safety, quality and compliance
- Supporting the audit schedule, feeding back on audit preparedness, leading internal audits and communicating findings and corrective actions, including training
- Ensure metal detection and weighing equipment usage competency refreshers are completed for the relevant employees including paperwork
- Investigating customer complaints, working with the production teams to identify root cause of issues. Support and monitor the implementation of agreed corrective and preventative actions
- Investigate packaging and raw material non-conformances which are instigated from supplier negligence
- Continued monitoring of hygiene standards throughout the site
- Ensure all paperwork related to factory checks is completed by the team daily
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally solid hands on experience of working in FMCG food manufacturing
- Degree level qualification in food science (or similar) is preferred or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in a quality supervisory role would be preference
- Ability to build and develop good relationships with team and other departments
- Possessing drive, energy and resilience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.