Quality Assurance Team Leader
Shift Pattern: Thursday - Saturday 6.00am - 18.00pm
Reporting to and working closely with the sites technical quality manager this role will plan and manage quality assurance activities and manage a small team of quality assurance operatives. The incumbent will ensure compliance with quality management system procedures and company policies and procedures within strict timelines. We require a self-motivated individual with strong management experience within a technical environment.
- Manage the performance of quality assurance operatives, monitor attendance, identify training and development needs and carry out annual appraisals
- Liaise with raw material suppliers where necessary and customers as required on issues impacting or affecting quality control, in consultation with the raw material co-ordinator
- Assist with the quality assurance audits of all areas on a regular basis to verify compliance with the quality management system and customer specification
- Lead a full product traceability audit with suppliers
- Develop the quality management system in conjunction with the technical quality manager and technical services manager
- Liaise with relevant department managers concerning quality issues and work towards a successful conclusions
- Continuously review and assess personnel and working practices
- Respond to the needs of the business to ensure procedures and specifications meet customer and company expectations and satisfaction
- Positively interface and communicate with other site departments and uphold positive attitudes between quality teams on all shifts including the hygiene department
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with company policies, procedures and rules and the company code of conduct
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of quality assurance ideally within food manufacturing
- Level 3 food safety, leading to level 4
- Level 2 HACCP, leading to level 3
- Internal audit qualification
- Understanding of FMCG industry
- Understanding of retailer products and quality standards preferable
- Experience of successfully managing staff, tasks and projects to completion
- Computer literate
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 18 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.