The quality controller will ensure the quality and safety of all our products produced in the retail packing department, working closely with operational teams across the site to maintain standards and drive improvement, using positive behaviours, taking accountability to ensure that only the best products reach our customers and therefore ensuring the repeat business of the companies that we rely on, but protecting the customers health and safety at all times.
Shift pattern: 3 x 12 hours shifts - Mon-Wed or Thu-Sat with 12 hour alternating Sundays
Pay rate: £10.71 - 11.41 plus shift allowance
- Champion of product quality, food safety standards and good practices, following hygiene procedures at all times
- Undertake routine calibration as required by the site schedules
- Conduct day to day auditing of the department and associated storage areas including temperature controls
- Monitor the production processes and drive standards in the department
- Compliance to all hygiene standards, the wearing and ensuring others are wearing the appropriate clothing and personal protective equipment at all times
- Accurate completion of all traceability documentation in line with site procedure, ensuring that product follows traceability and segregation process
- Conduct quality audits to ensure quality standards are being adhered to on the line
- Monitor ingredient controls and ensure correct ingredients and raw materials are used at all times
- Ensure all specifications are in place and are followed when producing any product
- Label verification audits to ensure labels being applied are current and correct and appropriately recorded
- Providing support to ensure safe production start-ups and shut downs and meeting daily compliance and site risk assessments
- Adhering to HACCP procedures and requirements
- Ensuring environmental considerations are factored into daily working requirements, reducing all areas of waste and searching for continuous improvements
- Maintaining a safe and hazard free work environment
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Food safety and food hygiene qualifications (min Level 3)
- Experience within food manufacturing quality and compliance (Meat ideally but not essential)
- Food safety management experience
- Experience of working to BRC standards and dealing with retail multiple customers
- Internal auditing experience and root cause analysis
- Strong influencing skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday provision
- Company pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.