We have an exciting leadership opportunity at our TS Bloors, Coalville site for a quality manager. The purpose of the role is to support the technical manager, to ensure that products are manufactured to meet food safety, integrity and quality standards required both by law and by our customers through verification of standards.
The quality manager will be responsible for the traceability, HACCP, laboratory, management of internal non-conformance and day to day management of the quality assurance (QA) function. The successful candidate will work closely with the operational teams and with all other disciplines in the business as required.
- Support the technical manager in all aspects and ensure they are kept up to date
- Maintain the sites quality management system
- Ensure you are familiar with work instructions for the area you are working in routinely and any areas that you cover
- Lead the HACCP Team and ensure compliance of procedures and documentation
- Maintain the internal audit schedule including updates to any risk assessments
- Assist with the internal audits as required
- Review all projects coming through new product development (NPD) for technical requirements
- Report all supplier non-conformances to suppliers and close off returned actions
- Carry out corrective action to rectify any problems that you find that may affect the product safety, legality or quality, including root cause analysis
- Authorisation to alter records ensuring justification for the alteration is recorded
- Participate in HACCP, traceability and other food safety and quality system reviews
- Assist in providing authorisation for release of product from site ensuring that only products conforming to specification are despatched
- Produce and maintain a corrective action system based on maintenance logs, non-conformance notes and actions raised through auditing and reviews
- Be instrumental in improving the systems and procedures approach on site
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally solid hands on experience of working in FMCG food manufacturing
- Degree level qualification in food science (or similar) is preferred or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in a quality and/or technical management role and demonstratable experience of providing technical support to management teams and
- Previous experience managing hygiene systems
- Experience of managing and leading a team is preferable
- Experience of managing positive relationships with retailers is a preference
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Possessing drive, energy and resilience
- Confidence to lead a BRC audit or equivalent
- Food safety and HACCP level 3 are essential
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (incl bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.