Shift pattern: Mon - Fri, 12.30pm - 5.00pm
We have a part-time opportunity at our head office in Malton, serving visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately; notifying company personnel of visitor arrival; maintaining security and telecommunications system. Providing a professional and welcoming front of house service, representing the company appropriately.
- Provide an effective and efficient reception service, maintaining the highest standard of customer service, offering a warm and friendly welcome
- Meet and greet all visitors portraying a professional image ensuring that the welcome board has been updated, all sign-in procedures are followed, relevant member of staff is promptly notified of visitor and any suitable refreshment is arranged
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of the switchboard, voicemail and contact information, including staff phone list to ensure accurate details are available
- Receive, effectively screen, gate-keep and prioritise all incoming phone calls, efficiently ensuring un-solicited calls are not put through to staff
- When appropriate take messages and forward messages via phone or email
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges
- Demonstrate responsibility for the safety of everyone on site
- Receive, sort and distribute all mail in a timely manner
- Carry out day to day activities including receiving parcels and booking taxis
- Ensuring that quality, health and safety and environmental standards are communicated clearly, adhered to and enhanced and are fully complied with by contractors and staff
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a customer facing or customer contact role
- Experience of operating switchboard systems and professionally gate-keeping calls
- Strong communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently
- Good team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- Excellent people skills, ability to listen and learn from constructive criticism
- Ability to build and develop strong personal relationships
- IT Literate
- High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.