Strip and Build Technician
Shift Pattern: Nights 5.30pm-5.30am 4on4off
A newly created role working alongside an established strip and build technician at our largest flagship pork processing plant. You will form an important part of our large engineering team and report to an engineering team leader. The aim of these roles is to support the maintenance and repair all equipment across the entire factory. Each department has strict hygiene and safety rules in order to avoid contamination, so a crucial part of these roles is being aware of and adhering to the restrictions around food hygiene and safety.
- Day to day maintenance of:
- Slicing machines
- Packaging machines
- Retail machines (including labellers, pneumatics, nitrogen equipment, air blasts and steam cookers)
- This will include vac packing machines, vac pumps and film over-wrapping machines
- Strip down the machines for hygiene purposes and re-build these after cleaning
- Maintain and service temperature control equipment
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the department
- Being the ambassador for the site at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers
- Undertake other jobs as reasonably requested within the scope of the job to improve the running of the department
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Working within a process plant on high speed machinery. Ideally within the manufacture of FMCG, pharmaceutical, food manufacturing or chemical
- A good level of dexterity, flexible attitude, ability to work well under pressure and have excellent communication skills
- Mechanical and electrical trouble shooting, fault finding, diagnosis, repair, maintenance and reconditioning activities on a diverse range of equipment
- Being able to work unsupervised, following your own initiative, whilst thinking on your feet
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.