This role is accountable for daily, weekly and monthly stock control at Malton for all material counting from intake through to despatch, stock taking and reporting of material issues to the management team at Malton through strong internal procedures and accurate reporting.
The root to success in this role will be through strong understanding of site material movements, factory production capabilities and critically strong working relationships with all relevant internal departments.
- Monitor and control all site material from intake, storage and line delivery
- Introduce daily checks, controls, and early risk assessments
- Hold a daily meeting to review space, shelf life issues, potential residual and highlight any materials for concessions
- Complete a physical daily review of all storage area's on site and match up with SAP and Hellenic
- Check that the site has storage capacity for all incoming materials
- Check all intake loads / tare weights and raise any potential claims
- Verify receipts and confirm purchase contents and orders are complete
- Analyse data to investigate any discrepancies
- Ensure supplied stocks meet demand and prevent overstocking
- Working with the all departments to create improved systems to avoid stock write offs
- Lead site stock takes and reporting to the site leadership team
- Site materials champion
- Co-ordinate the material to/from and within the department
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working in a similar role within FMCG, preferably within meat industry
- Strong systems knowledge, ideally SAP and Hellenic
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Able to challenge convention and identify alternative ways of working
- Ability to build and develop strong personal relationships with the supplier and internally
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.