Stock Control Manager
This is a newly created position that will offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced stock control professional to use their expertise to successfully deliver our goals. The stock control manager will have full ownership of the stock movement between our site, third party cold stores and our customers and the responsibility of the optimum delivery of the daily stock reconciliation process.
- Computation of daily 3rd party stock reconciliations
- Close communication and partnering with the commercial trading team including the trading manager, export manager and transport manager
- Use of appropriate IT systems to produce ad hoc reports to support the business functions, allowing KPIs to be monitored
- Documentation and mapping of inventory control processes
- Weekly stock forecasting
- Management of best before dates of all stock and minimising waste
- Supervision of the stock control administrator
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in a stock control role (essential)
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Experience using SAP system (advantageous)
- Experience using Hellenic (advantageous)
- A self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities and weaknesses within business processes and suggest improvements
- Capable of undertaking ad-hoc analysis and project work without supervision
- Assertive and able to challenge operational processes and follow issues through to conclusion
- Strong relationship builder
- Customer centric
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident decision-making skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
Closing Date: 1st April 2022
"Applications for this role will be considered immediately with a view to placing the right individual as soon as possible, so please register your interest early. Please note, the role may close in advance of the advertised closing date, which is for guidance only".
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.