Supply Chain Manager
A fantastic opportunity for somebody looking for their next step in supply chain management, this roles forms part of the site senior management team for both our Scunthorpe and FJG Logistics sites and leads a team of 6. This role takes controller level responsibility for all aspects of planning, operation dispatch, warehousing and logistics for the sites and will be responsible for achieving 100% customer service and driving a cost focused improvement agenda.
- Effective team management and development
- Drive a cost focus, and challenge every aspect of the spend in their remit not limited to: cost per pallet, supplier negotiations including outside storage, pallet moves and picks
- Accountability for five to six distinct areas and ensuring the overall supply chain function is future proof and fit for purpose
- Ensure the right level raw materials and packaging is in place and communicate effectively with all departments as appropriate
- Logistics from warehouse through distribution, storage and all aspects of outbound operational dispatch activities
- Achieve 100% customer service and other customer KPIs ensuring costs are kept to an optimal level
- Drive forward system implementation, automate and improve current process
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous supply chain and/or planning experience within manufacturing environment (preferably food but not limited to)
- Experience dealing with high pressure situations in fast moving environment
- People management experience
- Commercial awareness, with evidence of cost reduction
- Experience of liaising directly with suppliers and internal customers to develop gold standard of delivery
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Resilient under pressure and in the face of obstacles.
- Able to work on multiple projects and tasks to tight deadlines
- Methodical and analytical approach
- Excellent IT skills - Word, Advanced Excel and Power Point, SAP knowledge advantageous
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.