Carroll's Cuisine - Tullamore, Co. Offaly
A newly created senior leadership position to lead a significant and high performing site within the Karro business. This appointment will be pivotal to Carroll's Cuisine achieving strategic growth objectives and will provide a real opportunity for a site leader to maximize and leverage their operational experience, expertise and knowledge with a multi-functional team.
The site employs c.350 colleagues, with the main activities being the processing of cooked meat products. Carroll's is the market leading brand in sliced cooked meats in the Republic of Ireland.
- Ensure the site continually operates to achieve its optimum operational and financial performance, in an ethical and safe manner in order to fulfil the objectives of its customers, staff and owners
- In conjunction with senior management to develop annually site operational plans to deliver agreed KPI's and operational targets for the forthcoming financial year
- Working closely with senior management to initiate short, medium and long-term site strategies to address continuous process improvements, action plans and agreed budgetary targets in line with the corporate objectives
- Lead your team to ensure that they are engaged, motivated and are high performing through skills assessment, training, performance development, feedback and support
- Take an active role in the company continuous improvement initiatives and any other similar projects
- Provide leadership of sites team, to include effective hiring, training, development, reward and recognition, holiday, absence and performance management in accordance with HR policies
- Identify staffing requirements to ensure maximum productivity at all times, providing the necessary support and training to enable the production lines to work to the required health and safety, quality and output standards at all times
- Building a high-performance team, recognising their contribution and developing engagement across the site
- Leading, role-modelling and driving a safety culture across the site
- Ensure that the site is run on sound operational and professional principles and that it's defined and agreed corporate objectives are pursued
- Ensure group technical standards are embedded into all on-site activities and maintain the highest standards of food safety, quality, housekeeping and hygiene
- Ensure service levels are maintained to meet the stated targets of each individual customer
- Ensure that the site's financial viability and cost structure is regularly analysed and appropriate measures undertaken to monitor and reduce costs
- Undertake a regular review of the site's competitive environment and where appropriate measures are taken to increase the sites market position
- Engender a performance culture within the team and the wider workforce, adhering to and driving the company's performance management policy
- Work with the other sites to coordinate and formalise plans and activities that further the goals and objectives and overall performance of the group
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by the company from time to time
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven track record of successfully leading a multi-functional operations team within the FMCG sector
- Proven track record for motivating coaching and developing and leading high performing individuals and team
- Experience of working within a performance-based culture, attaining agreed objectives and working within financial constraints
- Ability to provide visible, authentic and collaborative leadership
- Technical competence with an ability to understand in depth both products and process
- Operating with profit and loss accountability and being responsible for the entire operations function of the business
- Direct experience of driving change management at a senior level
- Strong awareness and understanding of compliance and adhering to all relevant statutory requirements
- Overwhelming personal drive to deliver business objectives and deliver optimum results
- Excellent communication and team working skills with the capability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships
- Resilient and practiced at coping with pressure
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to take a logical and structured approach to decision making
- Tactical thought process, able to challenge convention and identify alternative ways of working
- High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary and package
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.