Site Engineering Manager
The purpose of the role is to manage selected site engineering projects to support the business strategy. The post-holder will provide key support to the site director, advising on issues and their resolutions; identifying poor practices and opportunities for improvements; proposing new or improved processes and/or project development to deliver these key projects on time, on budget and to the project scope. The role will also entail the development of the scope and then the execution of projects ensuring alignment with an agreed site, budget and time scale.
- Set the strategic direction of the engineering function for the Cookstown site
- Scope, lead the design of and the execution of projects as required by the business
- Provide oversight engineering expertise and support to the operational engineering team
- Management of site services
- Control the interaction of third-party expertise and contractors as required
- Comply with all local legislation and regulatory requirements concerning business activities
Skills and experience:
- FMCG operational engineering management experience within food manufacturing
- A track record of delivering major capital investment projects
- Proven record of effective leadership and delivery of excellent engineering performance through engagement and development of the engineering team
- Ability to interpret and translate between business requirement and project scopes
- Relevant IT literacy (Microsoft Office & Excel in particular)
- Ability to correctly prioritise work - and be highly flexible, amending priorities frequently as business goals change
- Strong negotiation skills
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks to tight deadlines
- A competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Generous holiday entitlements
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
KARRO Cookstown, Northern Ireland is part of the KARRO Food Group, we provide a complete range of pork products in both own label and brand format to the retail, food service, wholesale and manufacturing markets and are committed to building solid customer relationships and providing the highest quality of service.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.