The role of security guard is to provide security measures necessary for the safeguarding and protecting of company property and assets. The successful applicant will undergo in-house training and the role holder must be able to use tact and diplomacy in order to defuse or calm difficult situations.
Rotating arrangement of 4 days on (6am - 6pm) 4 shifts off, 4 nights on (6pm - 6am) 4 shifts off.
- Provide and ensure the effective patrolling of the premises externally and internally protecting against damage by, fire, water, and theft or criminal damage
- To be vigilant and alert in the detection of persons responsible for causing loss or malicious damage to the company and/or company property
- Control visitor access to site by following the company access policy
- Conduct regular random searches of all persons, baggage and vehicles entering or leaving the premises
- Overseeing of deliveries/product entering/leaving site
- Daily administration including new starters processed onto the site electronic system etc
- Assist in training colleagues on site
- Provide detailed and accurate reports as and when required
- Computer skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a pro-active team
- Good communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent time keeping and attendance records
- Good telephone skills to deal with internal/external customers.
- Be able to take control of difficult or unusual situations and make decisions that are appropriate
- When required act as the first point of contact with the general public and local community being polite and courteous at all times
- Preferred experience
- Previous security experience
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.