Shift pattern: Mon - Wed & alternative Sun 12-hour day shifts (6.30am-6.30pm)
Thurs - Sat & alternative Sun 12-hour day shifts (6.30am-6.30pm)
With an exciting opportunity to strengthen the current management structure within our retail packing department (CPM) we have two new opportunities to supervise and work with a great production team. The shift manager will have the responsibility of leading a team of around 65, providing them with support and ensuring an effective and efficient department.
- Lead, coach and develop staff to ensure capability to deliver current and future business objectives and encourage flexibility and cross functional skills, instilling a 'fix it right first time' attitude
- Support the team in the implementation of new initiatives whilst driving best practice
- Managing the environment of your team to contribute to success, with ownership by all employees within the business, through delivered and organised training
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and manage performance
- Drive a positive inclusive working culture, ensuring all employee relations and people processes are managed appropriately
- Key focus on yield improvement, giveaway reduction, waste reduction - monitor and take
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team within an FMCG manufacturing or retail packing environment
- People leadership, management and development
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to embrace and manage change, whilst also coping with pressure
- Experience of performance measurement techniques
- Good understanding of food safety and hygiene standards
- Experience of the successful implementation of continuous improvement projects
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year (including bank)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.