Senior New Product Development Manager
An exciting new role responsible for project managing the delivery of customers new product briefs from concept to launch for the site. The post-holder will need to maintain regular contact with key stakeholders to update on project progression, this will include colleagues based at site and also those based elsewhere in the company group. They will also ensure that the project they manage adhere to company procedure and customer requirements, whilst creating new products and improving existing ones.
We seek a well-established and self-sufficient new product development (NPD) manager.
- Responding to product briefs and critical path management
- Team management
- Attending factory trials and product reviews
- Planning weekly new product development activity and reporting through routine site meetings
- Attending customer presentations
Skills and experience:
- Cooked meat and/or high risk food processing experience
- Project management from concept to launch in a chilled food production environment
- Experience with gated development processes and BRC audit requirements
- Good technical and process understanding
- People management experience, able to organize the departments' day to day activities
- Experience with launching products with major retailers - ideally either Sainsburys, M&S or Aldi
- Confident presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, possessing gravitas and an ability to influence but also to build good relations internally and externally
- Comfortable leading in front of colleagues and customers
- Clean driving licence
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.