Senior New Product Development Technologist
Working as part of small new product development team, this is a factory based role assisting in the creation of new products, ensuring products are launched or re-development of existing ones in line with customer and company briefs.
Working in new product development is fast paced and every day is different, we're looking for someone who can think on their feet, manage multiple tasks and work independently. Over time they will gain a detailed knowledge of all the site departments, key attributes of different products and be able to interact with our customers at meeting and visits.
- Providing a consistent approach to factory trials and launch preparation for all departments
- Training and supporting the production teams at pre-production and launches
- Organising, recording and reporting factory trials
- Organising product testing and collating results eg: QAS, shelf-life, chemistry and transit trials
- Preparing samples in the kitchen or factory
- Drafting and reviewing new product specifications QAS
- Attendance at customer visits and pre-productions
- Supporting all activities of the NPD Department as required
Skills and experience:
- Clean driving licence
- Process technologist experience in a chilled food production environment (ideally added value protein)
- Good technical understanding of safety and quality standards
- Experience of working to gated development processes and BRC standards
- Experience of launching products with major retailers
- Analytical skills
- Confident communicator
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.