Monday - Friday 12.00pm - 9.00pm
An opportunity has arisen for a shift supervisor to support the shift manager at our TS Bloors, Coalville site, this is a relatively newly acquired Karro site possessing a strong heritage of producing high-quality product in a way that successfully combines the best of traditional and modern process.
The successful applicant will ensure legislative requirements for health and safety, hygiene and food safety and as an active member of the shift management team, will contribute to strategic planning, development and improvement of the business. This person will need to ensure that the highest quality of product is produced, whilst also actively developing, engaging and motivating their shift.
- Actively engage individuals and teams in the safety-first culture, managing people effectively through robust leadership skills
- Develop and drive KPI's within the team by coaching and mentoring the production team
- Develop operational excellence within the low risk area supporting the shift manager to implement SMART objectives
- Assisting in the shift handover, completing production targets, area cleaning and site closure
- Drive hygiene standards across the site
- Ensure that development and training needs of individuals are consistently applied to create a proactive environment of learning
- Actively encourage individuals and teams to continuously challenge and improve processes
- Ensure compliance to all company health and safety and food safety are met and site standards are maintained
- Ensure accurate control of all materials and total traceability of product
- Maintain standards so that your area is audit ready at any given time
- Be aware of our responsibility to the environment and ensure working practices demonstrate
- Manage disciplinary and grievances in line with company procedures
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- People leadership, management and development skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to embrace and manage change, whilst also coping with pressure
- Experience of performance measurement techniques
- Good understanding of food safety and hygiene standards
- Experience of the successful implementation of continuous improvement projects
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (incl public holiday)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.