Forming an integral and pivotal part of our site technical team the specification technologists primary role is to create and amend, legally compliant, customer finished product specifications, using internal formats or customer web based systems.
- Managing and manipulating data in a variety of customer and in house systems for quality management, audit purposes, collating information and reporting
- Meat product content and recipe calculations allied to legal labelling
- Managing a 12 month factory calendar and coordinating schedules
- Document control of factory due diligence paperwork and analysis of data - particularly in regard to "critical control points" for food safety
- Leading factory traceability exercises to test "recall" systems and integrity of the supply chain information
- Involved in NPD concept to launch process - specification and approval of raw materials to finished product packaging allied to customer gate processes
- Completing customer specifics specifications, updating recipes, completing customer specific forms
- Organising, checking and approving packaging art work, labels
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Fresh food manufacturing experience with knowledge of statutory requirements therein (ideally protein)
- Systems and database management skills, combined with the ability to learn systems quickly
- Ideally a strong awareness of legal, nutrition, food tolerances, allergens and product labelling and key customer codes of practice or guidelines therein
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines, with accuracy whilst also responding to day to day enquiries
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, Hygiene and Health & Safety standards
- Good stakeholder management and engagement skills with the ability to influence appropriately at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.