Fixed Term 6-9 months
We have a maternity leave cover contract opportunity working within a fast moving, evolving business providing technical support to the technical department and factory. You will have key responsibility for the management of specifications and customer complaint investigation and response.
The successful candidate will work closely with the operational teams and with all other disciplines in the business, as required.
- Ensure specifications exist for all raw materials, packaging and finished product
- Recording, investigating, with root cause corrective action, of customer complaints
- Assist quality assurance auditor with GMP audits and monitoring of factory practices and standards
- Issue and document corrective action for internal non-conformances
- Provide technical support for new product development (NPD) shelf life trials, validation, factory specifications and data
- Updating technical KPI reports, complaint reports and trends as required
- Ensure factory paperwork is checked for accuracy and filed
- Review and check weight control records to meet legislative requirements
- Running of quality panels to ensure that they conducted are by a multidisciplinary team and that results are investigated and action taken where necessary
- Complete supplier non-conformances
- Ensure the document control system is updated to ensure the correct version of documents are available and in use
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working in food manufacturing is preferred
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- IT Literate; MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good organisational skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as in part of a team
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.