A new growth role to the business this role will become a key member of the group finance team at our head office. The technical accountant will be responsible for proactively ensuring that the Karro group's financial reporting is technically compliant and that accounting standards are relevant, maintained and understood across sites.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and review of Karro's statutory accounts, liaising externally and internally as appropriate
- Lead on the understanding, analysis and modelling of technical accounting changes
- Lead on the understanding of and preparation for governance changes
- Preparation of papers for presentation to the board and audit committee
- Partnering with the business to help them understand the impact of any accounting changes and their role in maintaining compliance
- Lead in the production and maintenance of accounting policies for the Karro group, liaising with the group financial controller and head of internal audit as relevant
- Own the preparation of acquisition accounting
- Perform quarterly site balance sheet reconciliation reviews on behalf of the group finance team, highlighting none compliance, inconsistencies, risks and opportunities
- Respond to technical queries relating to accounting
- Drive process improvements
- Ad hoc compliance projects as necessary
Skills and experience:
- ACA ESSENTIAL
- Audit and/or experience of working in practice ideal
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Appreciates the concept of materiality together with the benefit of detail
- Drives the team to mitigate risk
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative whilst maximising opportunities for improvement
- Sound commercial acumen
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues
- Objective, maintains unbiased approach and displays integrity at all times
- Excellent communicator (both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences including those at the highest level)and able to adapt style to suit situations
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines and remain consistently motivated and focused on delivery
- Can work proactively either independently or as part of a team
- Able to liaise with the senior management team on behalf of the group financial controller and finance manager for group reporting and management accounts.
- Proven experience of decision making
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.