Due to internal promotion we have an exciting role within our trading team that will offer the opportunity to gain maximum exposure to a complex business whilst learning and developing within a company this rapidly growing and extremely fast-paced. The trading team are responsible for nearly half Karros' commercial sales and work with a huge range of strategic long-term customers both within the UK and globally.
This role will support the trading manager in maximising our customer relationships and improving delivery and performance in meeting our customer requirements. Analysing stock, market and customer research and product planning will identify further opportunities for profit for the business.
- To develop and maintain effective and strong working relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments which are consistent with our standards as a business
- To ensure the safe, continuous and quality operations within all trading activities
- Deliver the customer's requirement and product orders, in line with the agreed timescale
- Optimise stock efficiency, therefore controlling cost
- Own and manage stock forecasting and turnover, including daily correspondence with cold store facilities
- Create and maintain trader databases
- Communicate relevant and timely information through the drafting of the trading reports
- Challenge processes and seek improvements to ensure that standards are not only maintained but continually reviewed to ensure the best possible delivery
- Collate site data, product costings and specifications and maintain relevant systems to ensure sensible, transparent and user-friendly data on which the best cost-based decisions can be made
- Support the management of inter-site transfers to lowest cost, to maintain adequate stock holding that meets the requirements set out by the technical and financial teams
- Research and propose different ways of utilising current products to gain best return
- Gather market information and identify gaps in the market or product range, proposing solutions to satisfy these
Skills and experience:
- Either a graduate with a solid level of work experience and knowledge from working in a commercial environment ideally within a manufacturing or agricultural business
- Or a commercially and operationally experienced FMCG professional with food manufacturing experience ideally within the meat sector
- Analytically minded and highly numerate, ability to assimilate complex information and identify opportunities, with strong business acumen
- High level of self-motivation and able to work on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail and excel analysis skills
- Assertive with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to engage a wide-ranging audience, with the gravitas and ability to influence appropriately
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Promotes a continuous improvement approach by continually challenging the status quo and driving standards forward
- Excellent team working skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.