We currently have fantastic opportunities for Trainee Butchers at our site in Malton.
This could be the start of a fantastic new career for those with a desire to learn a lifelong trade.
We do not expect you to have any previous butchery experience, just a willing approach, as all training will be carried out by our team of committed trainers, who are dedicated to the upskilling and progressing of our people.
Shift pattern: 5 x 10 hour shifts, Monday - Friday (47.5 hours per week)
- A desire to learn and progress whilst adhering to all health and safety requirements
- Great team working skills
- Self-motivation and reliability
- Willing and able to follow instruction
- A positive, 'can do' attitude
- Exceptional timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Competitive rates of pay including shift premium
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
- Staff Sales facilities
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.