An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly organised and pro-active training coordinator, providing dedicated, internal training on our policies and procedures.
You will ensure that we are operationally effective, efficient and maintain safe working practices. You will provide training in an effective and timely manner to ensure the continuity of employees' knowledge base and the continuous improvement of personnel within the factory area, ensuring that food safety, legality and quality standards are maintained.
- Undertake full inductions and factory tours, enriching the initial onboarding experience for all new recruits into the factory
- Identify re-training requirements of both new starters and existing employees
- Ensure training records and individual training plans are carried out for one-to-one training
- Write Karro's operating procedures (KOPS) in line with business requirements and have them verified by relevant shift or department managers
- Monitoring all departments records checking they are trained and are being signed off for tasks on a weekly basis ensuring all areas of HACCP - Critical Control Points (CCP) and quality management systems (QMS)/KOPS are being adhered to
- Liaise daily with new starters and their managers to support their progression and development
- Site compulsory training - ensuring that all employees complete the in-house training during their probationary period, reviewing and retraining every 3 years for each relevant employee
- Take ownership of all aspects of business systems procedures to include writing new procedures, updates, auditing and any associated administration
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent decision making and organisational skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and database software
- Able to prioritise a busy and varied workload
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year - increasing with service (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.