Team Leader (Process)
Team Leader - Process
Shift: Thu - Sat, 6.00am - 6.00pm
The successful applicant will monitor and drive production giving equal focus to safety, quality, cost, operations and people as well as having overall responsibility for staffing and performance management and improvement.
- Actively engage individuals and teams in the safety first culture, managing people effectively through robust leadership skills
- Drive product quality through all systems available and people
- Ensure that development and training needs of individuals are consistently applied to create a proactive environment of learning
- Actively encourage individuals and teams to continuously challenge and improve manufacturing processes
- Lead and facilitate individuals and teams to deliver optimal levels of performance on cost, resource and service requirements
- Ensure compliance to all company health & safety and GMP standards at all times
- Work in a health and safety conscious manner and be aware of any issues that may arise
- Ensure accurate control of all raw materials and total traceability of product
- Maintain standards so that your area is audit ready at any given time
- Liaise with planning to ensure we meet customer demand
- Support and deputise for factory manager when required
- Using training matrix data to achieve job rotation and ensure multi-skilling
- Be aware of our responsibility to the environment and ensure working practices demonstrate
- Manage disciplinary and grievances in line with company procedures
- Effective management of critical control points in the factory
- Strong food manufacturing knowledge, preferably in relation to meat, with a demonstrable understanding of FMCG production
- Demonstrates a desire to question processes and efficiency and to seek change.
- Proven leadership, coaching and management experience and be able to demonstrate people and performance experience
- Demonstrable experience of supporting training and development within your teams
- Experience of effectively managing highly diverse teams
- GCSE /'O' level or equivalent in Maths & English
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practise (GMP)
- Knowledge of Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) level 2 standard
- Knowledge of hygiene standards
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Good organisational skills
- Pragmatic approach
- Experience of product launches, promotional and standard volume peaks.
- Understanding of retailer products and quality standards preferable.
- Continuous Improvement & LEAN Manufacturing requirements.
- Educated to ILM level 3 or equivalent in food manufacturing
- IOSH managing safely
- Six sigma skills
- Accident and incident Investigation
- Proven track record of managing projects from start to finish
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.