This role will report into the Site HR Manager and will be tasked with delivering, identifying and assessing future and current training needs through site compliance standards, job role specific training and line manager consultation. As well as implementing and maintaining a structured training system for the site, focusing on job role gap analysis and training reviews.
This is a mainly factory based position and whilst a lot the training systems and processes are well structured and in place there will be opportunity to update, amend, develop and improve.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the on-site training matrix - this acts as a gap analysis for training for the roles on site and a review mechanism for reminders about compliance refreshers
- Overall responsibility for the induction and orientation process of all new starters - ensuring they receive the correct on the job specific training for their roles
- Deliver, identify and assess future and current training needs through site compliance standards, job role specific training and line manager consultation
- Support and facilitate on site apprenticeship programmes
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of training system development
- A proven track record of training program development and management
- Level 3 in training and education or equivalent
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent oral, written and IT skills
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Organised with a keen eye for detail
Desirable skills and experience:
- Delivery and execution of training within a manufacturing environment
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.