Technical Training Manager
The technical training manager will lead the technical training team in order that they may then deliver the skills and compliance required at our production site and by our customers. They will design and deliver training that best fulfils the needs of the learners, however also ensures compliance to a defined skills matrix. They will provide a robust training system to deliver 100% compliance on site at all times, forecasting future requirements and meeting audit requirements.
- Accountable for induction and act as lead on the training system for the site. To include training matrix, skill needs analysis and comprehensive training evaluation.
- Accountable for the display of training process and records for auditors
- Conduct skills needs appraisal for the site and develop prioritised training agenda
- Prepare detailed training implementation milestone plan
- Provide site leadership teams with necessary skills to allow them to implement effective training
- Implement robust training evaluation process to ensure that all training delivered is reviewed for effectiveness
- Deliver prioritised training through combination of technical trainers, line management delivery and external providers.
- Implement all necessary documentation to support training system requirements
- Develop good interdepartmental relations following company policies and modern practices.
- Accountable for supporting the continuous improvement behaviours and to demonstrate responsiveness of training provision in relation to evolving requirements, quality and cost of training
- Support lean training initiatives and help to develop our special operatives and team leaders around using lean tools for example providing excel training
- Ensure training matrix is at a minimum of 90% of target for each work cycle, always aiming for 100%
- Working with the technical manager to contribute to procedure improvement to achieve ease of use for operatives and correct training methodologies
- Maintain the continuous improvement project list and report into the head of finance
- Provide a plan for upcoming week to department managers, head of operations and the site director
- Complete any other reasonable action requested by Head of HR
- Full line management responsibilities for all technical trainers
Skills and experience:
- Design and implementation of a training system - essential
- Delivery and execution of training within manufacturing environment - essential
- Experience of managing a training function - desirable
- Excellent communication and team working skills - essential
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills - essential
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions - essential
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks - essential
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism - essential
- Be willing to undertake any necessary training to achieve the required competencies and job objectives - essential
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret market trends - essential
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.