Technical Training Specialist
An exciting newly created opportunity has arisen for a technical training specialist to work across two of our sites, RibWorld in Tipperary and Callan Bacon in Kilkenny. The role holder will take ownership of the training function and design and deliver a robust training programme to include SOP, compliance and the delivery of inductions.
- Accountable for induction training and act as lead on the training system for the site; to include training matrix, skill needs analysis and comprehensive training evaluation
- Accountable for the display of training process and records for auditors
- Conduct skills needs appraisal for the site and develop prioritised training agenda
- Prepare detailed training implementation milestone plan
- Provide site leadership teams with necessary skills to allow them to implement effective training
- Implement robust training evaluation process to ensure that all training delivered is reviewed for effectiveness
- Deliver prioritised training through combination of technical trainers, line management delivery and external providers.
- Implement all necessary documentation to support training system requirements
- Accountable for supporting the continuous improvement behaviours and to demonstrate responsiveness of training provision in relation to evolving requirements, quality and cost of training
- Support lean training initiatives and help to develop our operatives and team leaders around using lean tools for example providing excel training
- Ensure training matrix is at a minimum of 90% of target for each work cycle, always aiming for 100%
- Working with the technical manager to contribute to procedure improvement to achieve ease of use for operatives and correct training methodologies
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Delivery and execution of training within manufacturing environment - essential
- Design and implementation of a training system - essential
- Experience of managing a training function - desirable
- Excellent communication and team working skills - essential
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills - essential
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions - essential
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks essential
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.