Weekend Factory Manager
Shift: Friday - Monday 46 hours
An exciting and challenging role taking responsibility for the whole of our largest production site over the weekend, encompassing; production, safety, despatch, engineering, technical and hygiene. Leading, engaging and motivating all onsite teams to achieve the site's goals and objectives. Developing a safe and supportive working environment and being the point of escalation for any issues that might arise, ensuring improved efficiency and effective line start-ups. The factory manager facilitates production and despatch of the highest quality product, maximising efficiency, through engaging and motivating the site teams, increasing team collaboration and drive to complete tasks in order to achieve site operational and profitability targets, whilst also maintaining a continual improvement ethos.
- Leading the weekend shift teams across production, hygiene, technical, engineering, security and despatch continually assessing areas for improvement
- Build positive relationships with other managers, utilising these positive relationships to assist delivery of results through and provide support for your team
- Manage your team supervisors ensuring that they understand their roles and coaching them in how to be an effective in communication, setting and managing standards, organising their team and high-quality documentation
- Clearly communicate and monitor team targets and KPI's and the processes to be carried out to ensure these targets are achieved and remain in line with company policies and procedures
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff in your department at all times through strict compliance to the company standards and procedures. Provide support and assistance to supervisors and staff in fulfilling their health and safety responsibilities
- Manage the departmental audit preparedness through monitoring and auditing departmental GMP - providing clear feedback for improvement and taking on board suggestions from your team to achieve improved GMP standards
- Be the point of escalation for all site issues across production, engineering, hygiene, technical, security and despatch ensuring timely and effective resolution and clear lines of appropriate communication
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Strong FMCG food manufacturing knowledge, with a demonstrable understanding of production, GMP, BRC audits and LEAN manufacturing requirements
- Considerable experience of managing teams in a very fast paced, pressurised environment
- Ability to develop a culture based on the continuous pursuit of best practice
- A keen eye for detail with a strong knowledge of production, technical, hygiene and engineering
- Demonstrates an understanding of operating integrity and standards for compliance and quality
- Has a clear focus on the needs of different customers (including the retail multiples)
- This is a demanding role with significant autonomy requiring high energy and considerable flexibility
- Excellent communicator and team motivator, able to influence, coach and support the teams to drive forward with a professional, enthusiastic attitude
- Provides clear direction, encouragement, goals and expectations
- Enables employee empowerment whilst remaining close to the business
- Has the ability to independently manage projects from start to finish
- Determination and resilience to cope with setbacks and to manage difficult circumstances proactively and professionally and make confident considered decision
- Always striving to challenge for continuous improvement from a health and safety, output, quality and efficiency perspective
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 26.5 days holiday per year including public holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.