Shift pattern: 4on4off 7.00pm - 7.00am
We are looking for a dynamic and driven warehouse manager to oversee the warehouse function and driving the business forward.
As the warehouse manager, you will be responsible for contributing continuous improvement and executing projects in the view to optimise the warehouse and ensure that our processes are running efficiently.
The successful post holder will manage a team of warehouse operatives ensuring compliance to the health and safety work act as well as adhering to control of substances hazard to health (COSHH) regulations.
- Ensure an efficient warehouse operation fulfilling operational and customer demand
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to health, safety and environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- Drive quality processes to ensure customer deliverables are met fully
- Understand customer needs and ensure alignment with the needs/commitments of the business
- Ensure inventories are accurate and control inventory levels by ensuring physical counts are conducted and reconciled with automated system
- Ensure the relevance and accuracy of all documentation relating to goods in and goods out including labeling of all stock items
- Maintain metrics/KPIs, reports, process documentation, customer service logs and training and safety records
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of warehouse management is essential
- Demonstratable management skills with the ability to optimise team performance
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Computer literate, highly numerate and analytical
- Strong knowledge of warehousing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Confident, competent, determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Reliable, conscientious, self-motivated and professional
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to influence solutions
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Possess a "right first time", diligent and conscientious work ethic
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 19 days holiday per year (plus Christmas Day)
- Competitive contributory pension
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.